Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning (GPTL) is a nationally recognized tennis and learning 501(c)3 non-profit organization and was awarded the USTA Middle States NJTL Chapter of the Year. See our IMPACT!
Playing is Giving! GPTL has an innovative model where a portion of revenue from our fee-based tennis programs support our Adaptive (Special Needs) and Free tennis and learning outreach programs. GPTL seeks to mentor life skills, healthy behaviors and learning through tennis. We offer year-round tennis programs for children and adults. Our programs include:
- group clinics and private tennis lessons
- competitive match play in local leagues, teams and tournaments
- free grant/sponsorship programs for Pottstown School District students, under-resourced players and Adaptive (special needs) individuals
We service the Greater Pottstown area including:
- Limerick, Royersford and Collegeville in Montgomery county
- Boyertown and Douglassville in Berks county
- Spring City and Phoenixville in Chester county
“The tennis programs at GPTL are terrific. My entire family has a lot of fun playing in their adult and junior clinics. I highly recommend this organization. GPTL is awesome!” – Dana R.
MISSION To mentor life skills, healthy behaviors and learning through tennis.
VISION To improve the quality of life for both adults and children in the Greater Pottstown area using tennis as a tool to mentor on and off the court.
- Encourage Healthy Lifestyles
- Promote Physical Activity
- Academic Excellence
- Instill Self Confidence
- Mentor Life Skills
- Encourage Ethics/Learning
- Late 1990’s – Greater Pottstown Tennis Association (GPTA) was founded by Jim Corum and was a subsidiary of the Borough of Pottstown Parks and Recreation Department.
- 2002 – Greater Pottstown Tennis Association (GPTA), a non-profit USTA Community Tennis Association (CTA), was incorporated and received 501(c)4 tax-exempt status.
- 2012 – Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning Association (GPTL), a non-profit USTA Community Tennis Association (CTA) and USTA National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) chapter, was formed, incorporated and received 501(c)3 tax-exempt status.
- 2016 – Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning Association (GPTL) was selected to be part of the USTA Foundation Capacity Building Program.